Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lassen 2009



Ok, so I'm really late in writing this I know .... but.... well I was trying to sum up my feelings. What an amazing time.... again!!! It was just what I was needing the meetings, the fellowship, just to get away from the rat race called life. Not that I have a bad life mind you I am not complaining it is just so awesome to go away and be surrounded by those of like faith and just immerse yourself in it for a whole week!

Aubrie was in the cabins this year and well....it was weird. Nice and weird all at the same time. She loved it! But it was just .... well ....I guess it sorta felt like the first little steps away.... Our cabin while having more room (Hannah was stoked to get a bed and not have to sleep on the floor) just felt a little empty sometimes. Sigh..... On another note .... unlike her mother at Lassen many moons ago.... she signed up to play all the sports! And had a wonderful time!



Emma had a fabulous time at camp with her friends. She and Melissa and Ellie have long been Lassen pals and this year they were joined by sweet Emily. It is so nice to see them having such a great time friends that they will spend eternity with!




Hannah.... oh ... Hannah my little shadow. She just didn't seem want to branch out this year. I tried quite a few times to give her a little push but she seemed to just want to be with mommy. I finally stopped pushing and realized that she was just in need of some mommy time! And we did have a great time together! She did leave me each day to go and enjoy the wonderful crafts put on by Jackie. I guess that crafts are the one thing that trumps mom. If you are reading this ... Thank you Jackie for another fabulouso year of Lassen crafts! You can never have too many fleece blankets!




And Brock....he loved finally being old enough to participate in the lil' kid games! After dodge ball in the mornings I could talk him into a nap during the afternoon meetings just so that he could go play capture the flag! Another HUGE shout out here to Rob! You rock heading up all those games with the kids! They love it!


It was kind of hard to leave Lassen this year knowing that the word on the street was that this would be the last one. But if indeed it was the last year it was a wonderful year to end on. Aubrie will kill me if she reads this but.... I think what she said fits what we were all feeling. After we got home and everyone else was asleep she came out of her room a bit teary. She curled up with me on the couch and we hugged and she cried a bit. When I asked her what was wrong she had a hard time explaining it..... she said I feel like something inside of me has changed and will never be the same again. She said that she felt so wrapped in love up there and so close to the Lord that she almost wished that she hadn't experienced it so that she couldn't miss it like she did. Wow! Can you imagine what it will be like to be Home!?!
If you want to see the rest of the pictures I posted from Lassen click on the link below.

6 comments:

NaomiG said...

So priceless to have those memories with your kids that fill up your heart like that... so glad Lassen was such a great time for everyone. I think we all feel the need of that these days.

Megan Miller said...

Looks like a great time. Ahhh..those mountain top experiences. So nice and needed yet so few and far between.

nicole said...

The mountain top experience. Ah.

Amy said...

The main sign for Lassen is exactly as I remembered it. It is so neat that some things don't change a whole lot, although the go-kart is a completely different event! I think they had just gotten horses the last time I went--in 1991! Wow! That makes me feel old! Glad you had a good time!

Brooke said...

Dear Aubrie,
I had a lot of fun getting to know you this year as "Aubrie" and not as "Mandy's little girl". I'm glad we got to play baseball together! When I was your age my best friend and I would write letters to each other (this was before email and such, of course) the day after Lassen with big highlighted signs saying something like "Only 358 more days until Lassen!!!!!!!!" Haha. I know how you feel about it being over and I can't imagine how I would have felt back then if I had thought I wouldn't ever get to go back : ( Enjoy the rest of your summer and tell your parents they should take another road trip here : )

Jackie said...

We are blessed to rock the mom-blogs after Lassen and we love you and your family!

jackie.